Dr. Cheryl Olson was named a “2018 — Top Doctor” in the annual San Diego Magazine “Physicians of Exceptional Excellence” survey.
Dr. Olson received her medical degree at the University of Colorado, Denver Health Sciences Center. After she served her General Surgery internship, she completed her General Surgery residency at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego.
Dr. Olson’s specialty is in General Surgery, and her expertise include Breast Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, and Robotic Surgery. She is the first general surgeon at Scripps Memorial Hospital to become well-versed in the usage of the robotic surgical system and the first to perform a robotic single incision cholecystectomy. She uses state-of-the-art personalized care procedures in the care of her cancer patients.
Dr. Olson has over 21 years of medical experience, and she is certified by the American Board of General Surgery.
Practices atSurgical Associates of La Jolla
- › English
- › American Board of Surgery
- › Naval Medical Center San Diego, General Surgery Residency – 1996
- › Naval Medical Center San Diego, General Surgery Internship – 1990
- › University of Colorado, Denver Health Sciences Center, MD – 1989
Memberships & Associations
- › American College of Surgeons
- › San Diego Society of General Surgeons
- › San Diego Chapter of the American College of Surgeons
9850 Genesee Avenue
La Jolla, CA, 92037
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- Coventry / First Health
- Coventry / First Health (Workers' Comp)
- Fortified Provider Network
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Three Rivers
Contact Cheryl L. Olson, MD for more assistance at (858) 914-4697.