Dr. Mark Sherman was named a “2018 — Top Doctor” in the annual San Diego Magazine “Physicians of Exceptional Excellence” survey.
Dr. Sherman received his medical degree at the University of California, San Diego. He then served his internship and residency at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine.
Dr. Sherman’s areas of focus include advanced laparoscopy and surgical oncology. He stays abreast with the most innovative and advanced techniques in his field to best meet his patients’ needs.
Dr. Sherman is certified by the American Board of Surgery.
Practices atSurgical Associates of La Jolla
- › English
- › American Board of Surgery
- › University of California, San Diego Medical Center, Residency - 1994
- › University of California, San Diego Medical Center, Internship
- › University of California, San Diego School of Medicine - MD - 1989
Memberships & Associations
- › American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- › West Coast Reflux Society, Founding Member
- › Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- › San Diego of General Surgeons, San Diego Chapter
9850 Genesee Avenue
La Jolla, CA, 92037
- Aetna Better Health of California
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- Coventry / First Health
- Coventry / First Health (Workers' Comp)
- Fortified Provider Network
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Three Rivers
Contact Mark J. Sherman, MD for more assistance at (858) 914-4697.