Richard Stahl, MD specializes in Thoracic Surgery with a focus on Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery. He first earned his medical degree from the University of Southern California School of Medicine in 1986. In 1987, Dr. Stahl completed a General Surgery internship at the University of Southern California Medical Center of Los Angeles County where he also completed a General Surgery residency in 1991.
In 1992, Dr. Stahl became certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery, and in 1993 he completed a Thoracic Surgery fellowship at the University of Utah Medical Center. In 1994, Dr. Stahl became certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and has been in practice for over twenty years.
Dr. Stahl can be found on staff at Scripps Green Hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospitals in La Jolla and Encinitas, and Scripps Mercy Hospital.
- › English
- › Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- › Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
- › Scripps Green Hospital
- › Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
- › University of Southern California - 1986
- › LAC/USC Medical Center
- › University of Utah
Memberships & Associations
- › Scripps Affiliated Medical Group
- › Mercy Physicians Medical Group
4033 Third Ave.
San Diego, CA, 92103
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Alignment Health Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Advantage
- Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California Promise Medicare Advantage
- Health Net
- Health Net Medicare Advantage
- Humana Healthcare Advantage
- Scan Medicare Advantage
- Scripps Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- United-AARP Medicare Advantage
Contact Richard Stahl, MD for more assistance at (619) 870-1274.