Dr. Peter Hanson received his medical degree at the University of California, Irvine, College of Medicine. He then served his internship and his Orthopaedic Residency at the University of California, Davis Medical Center. He went on to complete his fellowship in Total Joint Reconstruction at Scripps Clinic, La Jolla. Dr. Hanson is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Hanson enjoys all aspects of his orthopaedic practice, which includes sports medicine, arthroscopy, shoulder reconstruction and lower extremity total joint replacement including introducing the anterior hip approach to East County. Dr. Hanson currently serves on the Board of Directors for Sharp Grossmont Hospital and the Board of Directors for Sharp Healthcare.
Practices atGrossmont Orthopaedic Medical Group
- › English
- › American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- › Scripps Clinic, La jolla, Total Joint Reconstruction Fellowship
- › University of California, Davis Medical Center, Orthopaedic Residency - 1991
- › University of California, Davis Medical Center - Internship
- › University of California, Irvine College of Medicine, MD - 1986
Memberships & Associations
- › American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- › American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- › Western Orthopaedic Association
- › California Orthopaedic Association