Dr. Julie A. Ellner received her medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine in 1993. She later completed her General Surgery Residency at University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics.
Dr. Ellner specializes in Bariatric Surgery. She helps patients utilizing service like Gastric Bypass Surgery and many other weight management medical treatments. She has been certified by the American Society of Bariatric Surgery as a Center of Excellence bariatric surgeon. She was the first woman in the world to perform the laparoscopic gastric bypass, and performed the surgery on one of the surgeons who invented it. She has been a clinical instructor for Ethicon Endosurgery, teaching surgeons from across the globe how to perform this groundbreaking surgery.
Dr. Julie A. Ellner is certified by the American Board of Surgery in Surgery.
Practices atEllner Bariatric
- › English
- › American Board of Surgery
- › University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics, General Surgery
- › Tufts University School of Medicine, MD, 1993
2878 Camino Del Rio South
San Diego, CA, 92108
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- Coventry / First Health
- Fortified Provider Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great-West Healthcare
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Interplan / HealthSmart
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- Three Rivers
- USA MCO
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Alignment Health Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Advantage
- Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California Promise Medicare Advantage
- Health Net
- Health Net Medicare Advantage
- Humana Healthcare Advantage
- Scan Medicare Advantage
- Scripps Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- United-AARP Medicare Advantage
Contact Julie A. Ellner, MD for more assistance at (619) 768-5632.