Dr. James Hemp was named a “2018 — Top Doctor” in the annual San Diego Magazine “Physicians of Exceptional Excellence” survey.
James R. Hemp, MD specializes in Thoracic Surgery with a focus on Cardiothoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, and Cardiovascular Diseases. Dr. Hemp first earned his medical degree from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in 1983. In 1991, Dr. Hemp completed a Vascular Surgery residency at the Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center, the same place where he would perform his Cardiothoracic Surgery fellowship in 1993.
He has multiple board certifications, including General Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Hemp has been in practice for over twenty years and is proud to provide quality care to the San Diego area.
- › English
- › Uniformed Services University - 1983
- › Naval Hospital - Regional Medical LTR
- › Presbyterian - St. Lukes Memorial
Memberships & Associations
- › Scripps Affiliated Medical Group
- › Mercy Physicians Medical Group
4033 Third Ave.
San Diego, CA, 92103
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Alignment Health Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Advantage
- Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California Promise Medicare Advantage
- Health Net
- Health Net Medicare Advantage
- Humana Healthcare Advantage
- Scan Medicare Advantage
- Scripps Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- United-AARP Medicare Advantage
Contact James R. Hemp, MD for more assistance at (619) 870-1274.