Dr. Joel James Smith received his medical degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School. He served his residency at the Fairview Medical Center and completed his internship at Dartmouth General Hospital.
Dr. Smith specializes in Orthopedic Surgery at many hospitals including Palomar Medical Center and Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla working with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He has been helping patients with arthritis, fractures, replacement surgeries, and more for 16 years.
Dr. Joel James Smith is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and is a member of the California Orthopaedic Association. He is currently welcoming new patients.
- › English
- › Bosnian
- › Spanish
- › American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- › Sports Medicine Ulleval Hospital Oslo Norway, Fellowship - 1998
- › University of Minnesota Minneapolis, Research Fellowship Bio-mechanics Laboratory - 1993
- › Dartmouth General Hospital, Internship
- › Fairview Medical Center, Residency
- › University of Minnesota Medical School - 1991
Memberships & Associations
- › California Orthopaedic Association Member
3750 Convoy Street
San Diego, CA, 92111
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- CorVel (Workers' Comp)
- Coventry / First Health
- Fortified Provider Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- Three Rivers
- Three Rivers (Workers' Comp)
- USA MCO
- USA MCO (Workers' Comp)
Contact Joel J. Smith, MD for more assistance at (858) 375-1529.