What Happened to Medicare Plans C & F?

You may have heard that Medicare Plan C and Plan F are not going to be available and are concerned about how that affects you and your gap coverage. While it’s true these plans are not available to those newly enrolling in Medicare, you are still eligible for both plans as long as you were enrolled in Medicare by December 31st, 2019.

What are Medicare Plans C & F?

Known as Medigap coverage, these supplemental plans bridge the gap in costs between what Medicare covers in Part B and what it does not. Medicare covers 80% of your costs, and Plan F covers your deductibles and the other 20%. Similarly, Plan C pays for surcharges your doctor may charge beyond what Medicare covers. These plans have varying premiums and costs but can spare patients the burden of paying deductibles and 20% of all medical expenses, including doctor visits, lab work, imaging, and surgeries.

Who Can Apply for Medigap Plans C & F?

Despite what you may have heard or read, Plans C & F are still available. If you already have these plans, you will be grandfathered in and still have access to the coverage. If you do not currently have either, you may apply for them as long as you were enrolled in Medicare Parts A & B before the end of 2019. However, if you did not enroll in Medicare until January 2020 or later, you are not eligible to apply for Plans C & F.

What Other Medigap Plans are Available?

If you are not eligible or are turned down for Plans C or F, talk to a Medicare advisor about Plans G and N—you may find they provide similar benefits, and possibly cost less. Our Medicare advisors are available to help you understand your options and assist you in selecting the plans and coverage that’s right for your unique needs.

Have More Questions?

Caress Insurance Agency, LLC. has agents in San Diego County and can help answer your Medicare questions and provide you with the latest information on your Medicare Insurance Plans.  Get in contact by visiting their page and submitting your information.

Senior Wellness Society

Join our Senior Wellness Society for the latest news on Medicare and tips for healthy living in San Diego!

Sign up now ›

Are you looking for specialized medical care in San Diego?

Our directory has more than 850 doctors in San Diego County of various specialties who are available to help you.

Find a doctor
Buscar un médico