San Diego Pet Resources
Dogs make life extra special and joyful. The boundless energy, vitality, and love they give to their human families are priceless. San Diego dogs sure are lucky — they get to play in the warm sun most of the year, and there are an abundance of awesome San Diego dog parks and dog beaches specifically for them!
Having a pet is great for companionship and can aid against negative emotions such as sadness, anxiety, and loneliness. They can also teach children about responsibility and kindness. Whether you already have a pet or are looking to adopt, here are a few resources to help you maximize the health benefits to owning a pet in San Diego:
Getting a pet:
- What You Need To Know Before You Adopt: Learn what you need to know about responsible pet ownership, and where to find your new furry family member in San Diego.
- How to Prepare Your Family for a New Pet: Getting a new pet takes careful consideration, planning, and budgeting — learn how to talk to your family.
- How Dogs Keep Us Healthy: Learn the top 5 ways dogs help improve your health!
- How Pets Improve Your Mental Health: Animals help us overcome negative emotions and give us love and companionship.
- How Dogs Improve the Lives of Seniors: Learn how dogs bring happiness to the lives of seniors, and questions to ask before adopting a dog.
Pet Tips & Tricks:
- Summer Safety Tips For Your Pet: Follow these great tips to keep pets safe all summer long.
- How to Avoid Pet Allergies with Babies: Learn about how exposing babies to pets can help their health.
- Best San Diego Dog Parks: List of San Diego dog parks and safety tips for a great day!
- How to Keep Kids Safe at Dog Parks: Here are tips about how to protect yourself, your kids, and your dog while at an off-leash dog park.
- 10 Dog-Friendly Hikes in San Diego: Learn about some of the best places in San Diego to hike with your dog.
- Best Places to Take Your Dog in San Diego: Take your dog on a San Diego adventure! Here are some ideas for where to go.
The health benefits of pets are wide-reaching and impactful on the quality of life for those they touch. For more information on healthy San Diego living, please visit, scrippsamg.com