Relieve Your Stress!
Relax and Enjoy The View! The Best Places to Take a Moment to Relieve Your Stress and Improve Your Health
Stress can have an array of damaging effects on your body. Some of the health issues related to stress can include gastrointestinal problems, depression and anxiety, heart disease, headaches, and even asthma. Relieving stress is vital to your health and can significantly improve stress-related health issues in just a short period of time.
Fortunately, you live in San Diego, which supplies endless stress-relieving views all over the city. There are ample opportunities to find a great vantage point, take a deep breath, and let it all go. Here are some of our favorites. Enjoy!
- Cabrillo National Monument: It may be a little out of the way, but the drive out to the end of Point Loma is well worth it. The 360-degree view of San Diego and the Pacific Ocean is breathtaking and will help relieve your stress. This spot gives you a great perspective of Coronado Island and boats coming and going into the bay.
- The Clam at La Jolla Cove: You will see birds, seals and marine life abundant and flourishing. There is a calming effect that being close to the ocean and watching the animals that surround you brings.
- Mt. Woodson: The hike to the top is challenging, but if you can make it, you will be rewarded with an expansive, breathtaking view of San Diego and Ramona. You feel like you’re on top of the world from this vantage point and can relax knowing the hard work is done and the hike home is all downhill!
- Mt. Helix: This vantage point in East County is 1,365 and spans across most of San Diego. It is easy to get to and a great place to relieve your stress, relax, and watch the sunset at the end of the day.
- Torrey Pines Nature Preserve: The bluffs above Torrey Pines state beach provide a view of the coastline many only see on postcards. The preserve stretches all the way to La Jolla, and provides a dramatic perspective of the rugged cliffs as they drop down into the ocean. Your stress will melt away as you take it all in.
The Specialty Care doctors at Scripps Affiliated Medical Groups can work with you to manage your stress, treat your stress-related health issues, and put together a plan to minimize damage from stress moving forward. It is important to be aware of your stress and take the time to do small things daily, such as enjoying these incredible views to help you decompress. San Diego is full of expansive, inspiring scenery at every turn, so indulge in the beauty of this city and use it to improve your well-being.