Fiesta del Sol is a two-day street festival in Barrio Logan celebrating the history, diverse cultures, and civic engagement of the people of San Diego. This free, family-friendly event is alcohol- and tobacco-free and focuses on empowering communities throughout the county.
Since 2006, Fiesta del Sol has lit up San Diego with vibrant music, delicious food, unique art, and fun-filled activities for every age! Here is what to expect and how to make sure everyone in your family has a good time.
Previous Years Highlights
- 25 interactive activities for children and families
- Over 100 delicious food vendors, non-profit booths, and business booths
- Six themed pavilions focused on health, education, children, civic engagement, young adults, and arts and culture
- Plenty of activities for kids, including arts and crafts, interactive games, and face painting.
- Health education for children of all ages, including reading food labels as well as nutrition presentations highlighting sugary drinks.
- Free physicals and vaccines for kids by the San Ysidro Health Center, Healthy Steps Medical Mobile Unit
- Over 300 volunteers working at Fiesta del Sol
How to Prepare
- Check the weather and dress accordingly. During the summer months, we recommend wearing breathable summer fabrics to keep you fresh all day!
- Wear comfortable shoes. Wearing the right shoes can help you feel your best, impact your endurance and help prevent injuries.
- Pack the right sunscreen for you and your little ones. Your sunscreen should be broad spectrum, SPF 30 or higher and “water resistant.”
- Stay hydrated throughout the day with plenty of water and try to avoid sugary drinks.
- Eat a balanced meal before heading out. This can help with overindulging in unhealthy foods at the festival.
- Bring hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
With a little preparation, your celebration will be healthy, fun and memorable! For more local events, check out Scripps Affiliated Medical Groups’ articles!