Medicare Changes in 2023: What to Know
Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) is from October 15 to December 7. Medicare members can use this special enrollment period to change their plan and seek out more or better coverage in their area. It’s common for Medicare and insurance companies to make changes each year, so here’s what you need to know about the changes that are coming to Medicare for 2023.
What You Need to Know
● Starting October 15, you can change your Medicare Advantage Plan (MAPD) or your Prescription Drug Plans (PDP) that is available in your area.
● The deadline to make these changes is December 7.
● Any changes you make during AEP will come into effect January 1, 2022.
● There are new PDP and MAPD plans available in San Diego County.
● More MAPD plans are increasing their benefits in San Diego County.
Tip: Consult your Medicare agent to ensure you have all the information you need before switching plans.
What’s New for San Diego County?
● There are plans with low cost diabetic supplies in San Diego County. If you have diabetes, contact a Medicare agent to discuss the cost of these diabetic medications and supplies.
● Many Medicare Advantage Plans are changing for 2022, and you should always check your “Annual Notice of Change,” which comes around October 1, to see how these changes compare with your current plan.
● Medicare Advantage Plans have added additional ancillary benefits. Check with your insurance provider or a local agent because you could be entitled to extra benefits.
Make sure you know the new costs of your medications. If you’re not sure how to check your prescription drug costs, you should speak to a Medicare agent.
Changes to Medicare and changes to your Medicare plan can be intimidating this time of year. We’re here to keep you from getting overwhelmed. You can find out more information about your Medicare options for 2022 by contacting Caress Insurance Agency, who works with Scripps AMG to help answer your Medicare questions. Call us Monday-Friday, 9-5pm for a free quote and advice: 619-329-5638