Dr. Susan Shimomaye was named a “2018 — Top Doctor” in the annual San Diego Magazine “Physicians of Exceptional Excellence” survey.
Dr. Shimomaye received her medical degree at the University of California, Los Angeles. She served two residencies in internal medicine and dermatology at the Sepulveda VA Hospital and University of California, Irvine.
Dr Shimomaye specializes in Dermatologic Surgery, including Mohs Micrographic surgery, and Cosmetic Dermatology. She is also an Associate Clinical professor of Dermatology at the University of California, San Diego.
Practices atDermatologist Medical Group of North County
- › English
- › American Board of Dermatology
- › University California Irvine, Dermatology Residency - 1987
- › Sepulveda VA Hospital, Internal Medicine Residency - 1984
- › UCLA School of Medicine, MD - 1981
Memberships & Associations
- › Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- › San Diego Dermatology Society
- › California Medical Society San Diego County Medical Society
- › American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
1200 Garden View Road
Encinitas, CA, 92024
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- Coventry / First Health
- Fortified Provider Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great-West Healthcare
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Interplan / HealthSmart
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- St. Paul's Eldercare
- Three Rivers
- USA MCO
Contact Susan Y. Shimomaye, MD for more assistance at (760) 621-5890.