Dr. Sheila Krishna received her medical degree from the University of California, Los Angeles. She then completed a dermatology residency at Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virginia (VCUHS/MCV).
Dr. Krishna specializes in Dermatology. She has extensive training in the areas of prevention and treatment of skin disorders, cosmetic procedures, and phototherapy. Dr. Krishna practices out of Dermatologist Medical Group of North County in Oceanside.
Dr. Krishna is fluent in Spanish and Tamil. She is currently welcoming new patients.
- › English
- › American Board of Dermatology
- › July 2011-June 2014: Resident and Chief Resident, Department of Dermatology, Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virginia (VCUHS/MCV), Richmond, VA
- › July 2010-June 2011: Research Assistant, Dermatology, University of California Los Angeles
- › July 2005-June 2009: MD, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- › July 2001-June 2005: BS Biology and BS Foreign Languages, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA
Memberships & Associations
- › 2013-2014: Chief Resident, Department of Dermatology, Virginia Commonwealth University
- › 2013: Mentorship Award Recipient, Women’s Dermatologic Society, Mentor: Dr. Sarah Myers, Duke University Dermatology
- › 2013-2014: Resident Representative, Sulzberger Institute for Dermatologic Education Committee, American Academy of Dermatology
- › 2012-2013: Secretary, Residents/Fellows Section, Medical Society of Virginia
- › 2009 American Women’s Medical Association Award for Excellence
- › 2009- current: Educational Counselor (Interviewer), MIT Educational Council, MIT Admissions Committee
- › 2009- current: Member, Alpha Omega Alpha (UCLA Delta Chapter)
- › 2005-current: Member, Phi Beta Kappa (MIT Xi Chapter)
345 Saxony Road
Encinitas, CA, 92024
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street
- Coventry / First Health
- Galaxy Health Network
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Interplan / HealthSmart
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- St. Paul's Eldercare
- Three Rivers
- USA MCO
Contact Sheila M. Krishna, MD for more assistance at (619) 514-1228.