Hailed from the University of San Marcos School of Medicine in Lima, Peru, Dr. Fernandez graduated Magna Cum Laude (top 10%). He completed his Internal Medicine Residency at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, followed by three years of Hypertension and Nephrology studies at the University of California, San Diego.
Dr. Fernandez started his private practice in 1990 and served as Chief of Medicine at Paradise Valley Hospital and Scripps Mercy Hospital, as well as President of the Southern California Dialysis Network.
He’s lived in Coronado with his family since 1995 and enjoys biking, tennis and sailing. Dr. Fernandez is currently accepting new patients.
Practices atAdult Medicine & Wellness, Inc.
- › English
- › Italian
- › Spanish
- › American Board of Internal Medicine
- › Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos De Lima, MD - 1982
- › Southern Illinois University School of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals, Residency
- › University of California, San Diego School of Medicine
Memberships & Associations
- › Fellow American College of Physicians
- › Fellow American Society of Nephrology
450 4th Avenue
Chula Vista, CA, 91910
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Alignment Health Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Advantage
- Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California Promise Medicare Advantage
- Health Net
- Health Net Medicare Advantage
- Humana Healthcare Advantage
- Scan Medicare Advantage
- Scripps Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- United-AARP Medicare Advantage
Contact Rodrigo J. Fernandez, MD for more assistance at (619) 476-9054.