Dr. Ritvik Mehta was named a “2018 — Top Doctor” in the annual San Diego Magazine “Physicians of Exceptional Excellence” survey.
Dr. Mehta received his medical degree from the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine. He then went on to Harvard Medical School where he completed his internship in General Surgery and residency in Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery. While at Harvard, he developed his interest in treating patients with facial paralysis. Recognizing the profound impact that facial paralysis has on the lives of those affected, Dr. Mehta chose to pursue advanced training in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery / Facial Nerve Disorders during his fellowship at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary / Harvard Medical School.
He then went on to complete a second fellowship in Otology / Neurotology and Skull Base Surgery at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine. Dr. Mehta is truly a compassionate and caring physician who has a deep interest in providing the best possible care for his patients. He has co-authored numerous publications and was the recipient of the American Neurotology Society Trainee Award for his middle-ear research. Dr. Mehta is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology. He is a professional member in the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, International Otopathology Society (Schuknecht Society), and the American Neurotology Society.
Dr. Mehta is currently welcoming new patients.
Practices atCalifornia Head & Neck Specialists
- › English
- › Hindi
- › Sindhi
- › Gujarati
- › American Board of Otolaryngology
- › American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- › Harvard Medical School, Otolaryngology, Residency - 2006
- › Harvard Medical School, Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Fellowship - 2007
- › Massachusetts General Hospital, General Surgery, Internship - 2002
- › University of California, San Diego School of Medicine -2000
Memberships & Associations
- › San Diego County Medical Society
- › American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
2390 Faraday Avenue
Carlsbad, CA, 92008
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Alignment Health Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Advantage
- Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California Promise Medicare Advantage
- Health Net
- Health Net Medicare Advantage
- Humana Healthcare Advantage
- Scan Medicare Advantage
- Scripps Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- United-AARP Medicare Advantage
Contact Ritvik P. Mehta, MD for more assistance at (858) 285-4937.