Dr. Richard Tu received his medical degree from Samuel Merrit University, San Francisco in 2004. He completed an Internship and an Advanced Surgical Residency at St. Mary’s Medical Center in San Francisco. He also has extensive training at UTHSC San Antonio, Harvard’s Beth Isreal Deaconess Medical Center and Cambridge Hospitals, and Yale-New haven Hospital Yale.
Dr. Tu specilaizes in Podiatry with focus on flatfoot repair, laser toenail treatment, failed foot surgery, failed ankle surgery, restoration, and preventive medicine.
Dr. Richard Tu is certified by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine. He is a member of the American college of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. He also speaks English, Vietnamese, and conversational Spanish.
- › English
- › Spanish
- › Vietnamese
- › St. Mary's Medical Center, San Francisco, Advanced Surgical Residency
- › St. Mary's Medical Center, San Francisco, Internship
- › Samuel Merrit University, San Francisco, DPM - 2004
Memberships & Associations
- › American Board of Podiatric Surgery (ABPS)
- › American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS)
- › American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA)
- › California Podiatric Medical Association (CPMA)
- › San Diego County Podiatric Medical Association (SDCPMA)
- › American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- › City Heights Business Association
- › Teaching site Kaplan MA and MOA Program
- › Teaching site Concorde MA and MOA Program
- › Teaching site UEI MOA Program
4475 University Avenue
San Diego, CA, 92105
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- Coventry / First Health
- Fortified Provider Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great-West Healthcare
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Interplan / HealthSmart
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- St. Paul's Eldercare
- Three Rivers
- USA MCO
Contact Richard T. Tu, DPM for more assistance at (619) 452-1989.