Ran D. Anbar, MD, FAAP, has been a leader in clinical hypnosis for the past 15 years during which he has treated over 4000 children with hypnotherapy and counseling. Prior to opening Center Point Medicine in La Jolla, Dr. Anbar served as Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine at the SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY, where he was Director of the Division of Pediatric Pulmonology for 21 years.
Dr. Anbar believes that many children with medical conditions are affected by psychological factors that can trigger or worsen physical symptoms. Often, children’s psychological states lead to a diminished response to medical therapy, and a majority of these patients can benefit from utilization of self-hypnosis. Hypnosis in the medical setting can be thought of as teaching patients how to inwardly focus their attention, often requires 4 or fewer visits, and usually is associated with significant improvement of symptoms.
Dr. Anbar is currently accepting new patients.
Practices atCenter Point Medicine
- › English
- › Hebrew
- › Spanish
- › American Board of Pediatrics
- › University of Chicago, MD - 1983
- › Massachusetts General Hospital, Residency in Pediatrics - 1986
- › Massachusetts General Hospital, Fellowship in Pediatric Pulmonology - 1989
Memberships & Associations
- › Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- › Past President, American Society of Clinical Hypnosis