Dr. Paul Hyde was named a “2018 — Top Doctor” in the annual San Diego Magazine “Physicians of Exceptional Excellence” survey.
Dr. Hyde received his medical degree at the University of Witwatersrand Medical School. He served his internships in General Surgery at both King Edward Medical College and the Johannesburg General Hospital. Dr. Hyde completed his General Surgery residency at the University of California, San Diego. He is certified by the American Board of Surgery.
Dr. Hyde is the founder of Surgical Associates of La Jolla and he has previously served as the Chief of Surgery at Scripps Memorial Hospital. He has also been elected by his peers as San Diego’s “Top Doctor.”
Dr. Hyde has over 40 years of medical experience. He is extremely well-versed in performing complex surgical procedures, including breast surgery, pancreatic surgery, gastric surgery, and thyroid surgery, as well as laparoscopic procedures such as hernia repair, appendectomy, colon resectioning, splenectomy, and anti-reflux surgery. Dr. Hyde is well-respected among his peers and colleagues, and his clinical acumen and surgical skills have brought patients from across the world to seek his help.
Practices atSurgical Associates of La Jolla
- › English
- › American Board of Surgery
- › University of California, San Diego, General Surgery Residency - 1982
- › Johannesburg General Hospital, Internship - 1968
- › King Edward Medical College, General Surgery Internship - 1967
- › University of Witwatersrand, MD - 1966
Memberships & Associations
- › American College of Surgeon
- › Society of American Gastroenterological Endoscopic Surgeons
- › Society of Surgeons of the Alimentary Tract
- › San Diego County Medical Society
9850 Genesee Avenue
La Jolla, CA, 92037
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- Coventry / First Health
- Coventry / First Health (Workers' Comp)
- Fortified Provider Network
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Three Rivers
Contact Paul V.B. Hyde, MD for more assistance at (858) 452-5054.