Dr. Paul Murphy received his medical degree at the New York Medical College. After serving his General Surgery internship, Dr. Murphy finished his Orthopaedic Surgery residency at the Naval Medical Center San Diego. He continued his medical training with the completion of his Foot and Ankle Surgery fellowship at the University of Texas.
Dr. Murphy is an orthopaedic surgeon and specializes in Sports Medicine. He treats a complete variety of sports medicine injuries and orthopaedic conditions. He served as an orthopaedic surgeon for two years in the United States Navy. He was also the head team doctor for the San Diego Chargers and head team physician at the University of San Diego. Dr. Murphy volunteers his time to high school athletes. During the fall, Dr. Murphy runs a free clinic for high school athletes who have been injured during football games.
Dr. Murphy has over 30 years of medical experience. He has dual certification by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. Dr. Murphy is currently welcoming new patients.
Practices atMurphy Sports Medicine Center
- › English
- › American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- › Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- › Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
- › Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista
- › University of Texas, Orthopaedic Surgery, Foot & Ankle Fellowship – 1985
- › Naval Medical Center San Diego, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency – 1985
- › Naval Medical Center San Diego, General Surgery Internship – 1980
- › New York Medical College, MD – 1979
Memberships & Associations
- › American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
8929 University Center Lane
San Diego, CA, 92122
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- Coventry / First Health
- Coventry / First Health (Workers' Comp)
- Fortified Provider Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great-West Healthcare
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Interplan / HealthSmart
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- St. Paul's Eldercare
- Three Rivers (Workers' Comp)
- USA MCO (Workers' Comp)
Contact Paul C. Murphy, MD for more assistance at (858) 914-2956.