Nathan A. Miller, M.D. is a pioneer in the field of pain medicine with over a decade of experience treating patients in the North County San Diego area. Dr. Nathan Miller is a well-respected, compassionate physician who strives to help his patients regain their lives. He is Chief of Pain Medicine at Scripps Memorial Hospital, Encinitas and is double-board certified in Anesthesiology and Interventional Pain Medicine.
Dr. Miller completed his pain fellowship at the prestigious University of Virginia pain program. He is a diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners and a Qualified Medical Examiner in the State of California.
Dr. Miller is at the forefront in the treatment and management of a wide variety of acute and chronic pain disorders. He is a strong proponent of a multi-disciplinary approach in pain management to improve outcome and increase quality of life. With his knowledge and the use of advanced medicine, he has been able to help many patients who had little hope of a functional life. Dr. Miller specializes in difficult cases where other pain doctors have given up. He continues to stay current in the field of pain management and studies peer-review medical journals and literature. He is noted by his colleagues for his strong commitment to ethical patient care and compassion. He practices evidenced-based pain management. Dr. Nathan Miller is a native of southern California and dedicated to increase awareness in pain management. In his free time, he enjoys bicycling and spending time with his family.
Practices atCoastal Pain and Spinal Diagnostics Medical Group
- › English
- › Spanish
- › American Board of Anesthesiology
- › University of California, Los Angeles, School of Medicine, MD - 1989
Memberships & Associations
- › National Board of Medical Examiners, Diplomat
6221 Metropolitan Street
Carlsbad, CA, 92009
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- Beech Street (Workers' Comp)
- CorVel (Workers' Comp)
- Coventry / First Health
- Coventry / First Health (Workers' Comp)
- Focus Healthcare
- Fortified Provider Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great-West Healthcare
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Interplan / HealthSmart
- Interplan / HealthSmart (Workers' Comp)
- MultiPlan (Workers' Comp)
- Pacific Foundation SISC (Workers' Comp)
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Prime Health Services (Workers' Comp)
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- St. Paul's Eldercare
- Three Rivers
- Three Rivers (Workers' Comp)
- USA MCO
- USA MCO (Workers' Comp)
Contact Nathan A. Miller, MD for more assistance at (760) 753-7127.