Dr. Michael J. Skyhar received his medical degree from the Oregon Health Sciences University. He served his Surgical internship and Orthopaedic Surgery residency at the University of California San Diego. His philosophy of treatment is defined as comprehensive operative and non-operative care of orthopaedic injuries and disorders.
Dr. Skyhar specializes in Orthopaedic Surgery through knee and shoulder arthroscopy, rotator cuff surgery, joint drainage, sport medicine, and more. He is active in the community helping treat athletes on local sports teams.
Dr. Michael J. Skyhar is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, FACS. He is currently welcoming new patients.
Practices atSkyhar MD, Inc.
- › English
- › American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- › University of California San Diego, Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery - 1987
- › University of California San Diego, Internship, Surgery - 1981
- › Oregon Health Sciences University, MD - 1981
Memberships & Associations
- › California Medical Association
- › San Diego County Medical Society
- › Western Orthopedic Association
- › American College of Surgeons, FACS
- › American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
310 Santa Fe Drive
Encinitas, CA, 92024
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- Beech Street (Workers' Comp)
- Coventry / First Health
- Coventry / First Health (Workers' Comp)
- Focus Healthcare
- Fortified Provider Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great-West Healthcare
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Interplan / HealthSmart
- Interplan / HealthSmart (Workers' Comp)
- MultiPlan (Workers' Comp)
- Pacific Foundation SISC (Workers' Comp)
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Prime Health Services (Workers' Comp)
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- St. Paul's Eldercare
- Three Rivers
- Three Rivers (Workers' Comp)
- USA MCO
- USA MCO (Workers' Comp)
Contact Michael J. Skyhar, MD for more assistance at (760) 813-3075.