Dr. John Backman was named a “2018 — Top Doctor” in the annual San Diego Magazine “Physicians of Exceptional Excellence” survey.
Dr. Backman completed medical school from New York University, School of Medicine in 1972. He finished his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the Albert Einstein School on Medicine and went on to his Fellowship in Cardiology at the University of California, San Diego.
Dr. Backman has over 35 years of experiences and is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. He has a special interest in preventative medicine. He also evaluates and structures exercise programs for international competitors.
Practices atSan Diego Cardiovascular Associates
- › English
- › Spanish
- › American Board of Internal Medicine
- › Naval Medical Center - San Diego, Cardiovascular Disease - 1978
- › University of California, San Diego, Cardiovascular Disease
- › Bronx Municipal Hospital Center, Medicine, Residency - 1972
- › New York University School of Medicine, MD - 1972
Memberships & Associations
- › Fellow American College of Cardiology
- › Fellow American College of Sports Physicians
- › Fellow American College of Physicians
320 Santa Fe Drive
Encinitas, CA, 92024
- Beech Street
- Great-West Healthcare
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- St. Paul's Eldercare
- Three Rivers
- USA MCO
Contact John R. Backman, MD for more assistance at (760) 666-4243.