Dr. John Austin is a board certified, fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon who practices at Northwest Orthopaedic Surgery. He received his medical degree from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and he completed his Orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Michigan Hospital. Dr. Austin continued his medical training with a Sports/Arthroscopy fellowship at the Cincinnati Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center.
Dr. Austin specializes in shoulder, hip, and knee surgery including arthroscopy, minimally invasive surgery, Direct Anterior Approach Hip Replacement surgery, and Custom Image Guided/Computer Navigated surgery.
Dr. Austin’s goal is to develop an individualized treatment plan to help his patients achieve and maintain an an active, healthy lifestyle.
- › English
- › American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- › University of Michigan School of Medicine, MD - 2000
Memberships & Associations
- › Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- › Fellow, American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- › Arthroscopy Association of North America
- › State of California Qualified Medical Evaluator
8929 University Center Lane
San Diego, CA, 92122
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- Beech Street (Workers' Comp)
- CorVel (Workers' Comp)
- Coventry / First Health
- Coventry / First Health (Workers' Comp)
- Focus Healthcare
- Fortified Provider Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great-West Healthcare
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Interplan / HealthSmart
- Interplan / HealthSmart (Workers' Comp)
- MultiPlan (Workers' Comp)
- Pacific Foundation SISC (Workers' Comp)
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Prime Health Services (Workers' Comp)
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- St. Paul's Eldercare
- Three Rivers
- Three Rivers (Workers' Comp)
Contact John C. Austin, MD for more assistance at (858) 703-6964.