Dr. Jeffrey Anthony was named as one of the 2014, 2015, and 2016 “Top Doctors” in the annual San Diego Magazine “Physicians of Exceptional Excellence” survey.
Dr. Anthony received his medical degree at the Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1985. He completed his residency in 1987 at the Phoenix General Hospital in Family Practice. Dr. Anthony has been practicing for 34 years.
Dr. Anthony joined San Diego Sports Medicine Family Health Center in 1987 and is Board Certified in Family Practice with a Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine (CAQSM). He is a Team Physician for the US Olympic Training Center, Challenged Athletes Foundation, Million Dollar Ride since 2007, San Diego Christian College, and Santa Fe Christian High School. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor at the UCSD School of Medicine and he is an adjunct professor at San Diego State University. He has served on many boards, including the Governor’s Board for Alvarado Hospital and Medical Center, and the San Diego Academy of Family Practice. Dr. Anthony was voted among America’s best Family Medicine doctors by the Consumers’ Research Council of America in 2008.
Dr. Anthony is currently welcoming new patients. Same day appointments are possible upon availability.
Practices atSan Diego Sports Medicine & Family Health Center
- › English
- › American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine
- › American Osteopathic Board of Sports Medicine
- › Phoenix General Hospital, Family Practice Residency - 1987
- › Phoenix General Hospital, Internship - 1986
- › Des Moines University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, DO - 1985
Memberships & Associations
- › American Osteopathic Association
- › American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine, Fellow
- › American Academy of Family Physicians, Fellow
- › Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of California
6699 Alvarado Road
San Diego, CA, 92120
10505 Sorrento Valley Road
San Diego, CA, 92121
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- Beech Street (Workers' Comp)
- CorVel (Workers' Comp)
- Coventry / First Health
- Coventry / First Health (Workers' Comp)
- Focus Healthcare
- Fortified Provider Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great-West Healthcare
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Interplan / HealthSmart
- Interplan / HealthSmart (Workers' Comp)
- MultiPlan (Workers' Comp)
- Pacific Foundation SISC (Workers' Comp)
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Prime Health Services (Workers' Comp)
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- St. Paul's Eldercare
- Three Rivers
- Three Rivers (Workers' Comp)
- USA MCO
- USA MCO (Workers' Comp)
Contact Jeffrey P. Anthony, DO, FAAFP, FAOASM for more assistance at (619) 378-1690.