Dr. James R. McClurg has been serving the San Diego Community in his orthopedic practice since 1992.
He treats from simple to highly complex shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee and ankle/foot conditions. Dr. McClurg uses a wide range of treatment options from non-surgical to minimally invasive surgeries in the management of nerve compression, treatment of pain, trauma, deformities and degenerative processes. He is widely known for his arthroscopic experience, successful outcomes and patient satisfaction.
Dr. McClurg has outstanding interpersonal skills and listens to his patients as he knows this is the key to understanding the impact of an orthopaedic condition the life of an individual. Taking the time to listen to patients and performing a thorough physical examination allows for more accurate diagnosis and optimal planning according to Dr. McClurg. Patient education and effective communication regarding treatment options empowers the patient to make better treatment decisions that fit their situation and ultimately, results in superior outcomes.
- › English
- › Spanish
- › American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- › University of Puerto Rico, MD, 1986 (Medical School)
- › University Hospital, General Surgery, 1987 (Internship)
- › University Hospital, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1991 (Residency)
- › Loma Linda University Medical Center, Orthopaedic Surgery, Hand, 1992 (Fellowship)
Memberships & Associations
- › American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- › American Medical Association
- › California Medical Association
- › San Diego County Medical Society
- › Orthopedic Surgery Center of La Jolla