Dr. James P. Tasto received his medical degree from Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine in 1965. He completed both an internship and residency at Cook Co Hospital in 1967 and later completed his Orthopaedic Residency at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Tasto specializes in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. He is the recipient of many prestigious awards and honors including three times being awarded the Francis West Award for the Best Clinical Teacher at the University of California at San Diego Medical School. Dr. Tasto has made over 500 presentations at national and international meetings and has published over 35 articles and book chapters in the field of arthroscopy, sports medicine and orthopaedics. He served as a Lieutenant Commander in the United States Navy from 1967 through 1970. He served in Japan, South Vietnam, Balboa Naval Hospital in San Diego, as well as USS Oklahoma City.
Dr. James P. Tasto is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a Fellow of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He is currently welcoming new patients.
Practices atSan Diego Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center
- › English
- › American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- › Harvard Medical School, Orthopaedic Residency - 1974
- › Cook Co Hospital, Residency - 1967
- › Cook Co Hospital, Internship - 1966
- › Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, MD - 1965
Memberships & Associations
- › American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
6719 Alvarado Road
San Diego, CA, 92120
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street (Workers' Comp)
- CorVel (Workers' Comp)
- Coventry / First Health
- Coventry / First Health (Workers' Comp)
- Focus Healthcare
- Fortified Provider Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great-West Healthcare
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Interplan / HealthSmart
- Interplan / HealthSmart (Workers' Comp)
- MultiPlan (Workers' Comp)
- Pacific Foundation SISC (Workers' Comp)
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Prime Health Services (Workers' Comp)
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- Three Rivers
- Three Rivers (Workers' Comp)
- USA MCO
- USA MCO (Workers' Comp)
Contact James P. Tasto, MD for more assistance at (619) 377-4058.