Jeffrey John Tyner, MD specializes in Cardiothoracic/ Surgery, and is the division head of Cardiothoracic/Cardiovascular Surgery at Scripps Green Hospital.
Dr. Tyner first received his medical degree from the Emory University School of Medicine in 1979 and became certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery 1989. He completed fellowships for Cardiothoracic Surgery and Cardiovascular Surgery in 1985 and 1987 along with a research fellowship in Clinical Research in 1986. In 1984, Dr. Tyner performed his General Surgery residency/internship at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School.
Currently, Dr. Tyner can be found on staff at Scripps Memorial Hospitals in La Jolla and Encinitas, Scripps Mercy Hospital, and Scripps Green Hospital where he treats patients suffering from a number aortic and mitral valve problems with minimally invasive solutions.
- › English
- › Emory University School of Medicine - MD, 1979
Memberships & Associations
- › Scripps Affiliated Medical Groups
- › Mercy Physicians Medical Group
4033 Third Ave.
San Diego, CA, 92103
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Alignment Health Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Advantage
- Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California Promise Medicare Advantage
- Health Net
- Health Net Medicare Advantage
- Humana Healthcare Advantage
- Scan Medicare Advantage
- Scripps Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- United-AARP Medicare Advantage
Contact J. Jeffrey Tyner, MD for more assistance at (619) 870-1274.