Dr. Erick Mafong received his medical degree at the University of California, San Diego. After serving his Internal Medicine internship at the University of California, San Diego, he completed his Dermatology residency at the New York University Medical Center. He continued his medical training and completed his Dermatological Surgery fellowship at the Laser and Skin Surgery Center, where he also has extensive training in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Laser Surgery under renowned experts in the field.
Dr. Mafong’s specialties include Mohs Micrographic Surgery, Dermatologic, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery. He is an Associate Clinical Professor of Dermatology/Medicine at the University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine and also a staff physician at the Veterans Administration Hospital of San Diego. He has published a number of medical articles and lectures, and he continues to participates in laser and dermatologic research.
Dr. Mafong is certified by the American Board of Dermatology. He is currently welcoming new patients.
Practices atDermatology & Laser Center of San Diego
- › English
- › Spanish
- › American Board of Dermatology
- › Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
- › Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
- › Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista
- › Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- › Laser & Skin Surgery Center, Dermatological Surgery Fellowship - 2002
- › New York University Medical Center, Dermatology Residency - 2001
- › University of California, San Diego, Internal Medicine Internship - 1998
- › University of California, San Diego, MD - 1997
Memberships & Associations
- › American Academy of Dermatology
- › American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology
- › American Society of Dermatologic Surgeons
- › Skin Cancer Foundation
319 F Street
Chula Vista, CA, 91910
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street
- Coventry / First Health
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Interplan / HealthSmart
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- Three Rivers
Contact Erick A. Mafong, MD for more assistance at (619) 452-1031.