Dr. Kansara performs many general orthopaedic and sports medicine procedures for a variety of conditions. His specialties include:
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Reconstruction
- Shoulder Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Fracture Care
- Joint Replacement
- Robotic and Computer-Navigated Surgery
About Dr. Kansara
A native of Detroit, Michigan, Dr. Kansara completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Michigan Business School, and received his medical doctorate from the University of Michigan Medical School. He completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center in Detroit, Michigan, and his sports medicine fellowship at TRIA Orthopaedic Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Following his fellowship training, he joined the fellowship faculty at TRIA, and enjoyed teaching fellows, residents, and medical students as a clinical instructor with the University of Minnesota Medical School. During that time, Dr. Kansara served 10 years in the NBA as an assistant team physician for the Minnesota Timberwolves. Dr. Kansara has also provided game-day medical coverage for the athletes of the Minnesota Wild (NHL), Minnesota Twins (MLB), and Minnesota Vikings (NFL).
He has provided medical coverage for many other professional and elite level athletic events including USA Gymnastics National Championships, professional bicycle races, and the US Pond Hockey Championships. In 2015, Dr. Kansara joined Stellis Health in private practice in Minnesota. He joined our team at California Orthopaedic Institute in 2021.
Practices atCalifornia Orthopaedic Institute
- › Spanish
- › Italian
- › American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- › American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- › University of Michigan School of Medicine, MD - 1998
- › University of Michigan, Undergraduate
Memberships & Associations
- › Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (AAOS)
- › Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
- › Fellow, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- › Member, California Orthopaedic Association (COA)