Dr. David Michelson received his medical degree at Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine. He then completed his Internal Medicine internship at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore and his Ophthalmology residency at the Parkland Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Michelson specializes in comprehensive ophthalmology with a special interest in Laser Vision Correction, dry eye disorders, glaucoma management, cataract surgery, and diabetic eye care. He also received extensive training in LASIK and refractive surgery during his residency. Dr. Michelson teaches eye surgery at the University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine.
Dr. Michelson has over 16 years of medical experience, and he is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is currently welcoming new patients.
- › English
- › Spanish
- › American Board of Ophthalmology
- › University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Parkland Memorial Hospital, Ophthalmology Residency
- › Johns Hopkins University, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Internal Medicine Internship
- › Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, MD
Memberships & Associations
- › American Academy of Ophthalmology
9834 Genesee Avenue
La Jolla, CA, 92037
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- Coventry / First Health
- Fortified Provider Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great-West Healthcare
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Interplan / HealthSmart
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- St. Paul's Eldercare
- Three Rivers
- USA MCO
Contact David S. Michelson, MD for more assistance at (858) 914-4305.