Dr. Darius Schneider is a physician and scientist dedicated to the care of adults with hormonal disorders, including diabetes, thyroid and parathyroid disease, osteoporosis, lipid disorders, polycystic ovarian syndrome, hypogonadism, adrenal disease, with a clinical and research focus on autoimmune diseases, like type 1 diabetes (T1D).
Dr. Schneider received his medical degree from the Justus Liebig University of Giessen (Germany), one of the world’s first two centers to perform pancreatic islet transplantation in people with T1D. He was further awarded the doctorate degree (PhD) magna cum laude from the same university for work in experimental pancreatic islet transplantation.
Dr. Schneider trained in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, and Diabetology at the University of Heidelberg (Germany). Subsequently, he moved to la Jolla for a Fulbright postdoctoral research fellowship at the La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology in the field of diabetes immunology and pancreatic islet encapsulation.
Dr. Schneider completed his training in Internal Medicine at UC San Diego and in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism at the University of Washington in Seattle.
Dr. Schneider is board certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, and in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He further holds the Endocrine Certification in Neck Ultrasound (ECNU) from the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE).
Practices atDiabetes & Endocrine Associates
- › French
- › German
- › Romanian
- › Spanish
- › American Board of Internal Medicine
- › Justus Liebig Universitat, MD - 2004
- › Justus Liebig Universitat, PhD - 2007
- › Ruprecht Karls Universitat Heidelberg, Residency in Medicine - 2004
- › Fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism - 2010
- › La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, Research Fellowship in Diabetes Immunology - 2013
- › University of California, San Diego, Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine - 2016
- › University of Washington Seattle, Fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism - 2018
Memberships & Associations
- › American College of Endocrinology
- › American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
9850 Genesee Avenue
La Jolla, CA, 92037
Contact Darius A. Schneider, MD for more assistance at (858) 244-9560.