Dr. Christopher Urband is fellowship trained in orthopaedic sports medicine and shoulder surgery, with a special interest in treatment of shoulder, hip, and knee injuries.
Dr. Urband completed fellowship training at TRIA Orthopaedic Center, in Bloomington, MN where he helped care for multiple professional and university sports teams, including Minnesota Twins professional baseball, Minnesota Wild professional hockey, University of Minnesota sports (including Football, Basketball, Hockey), Gustavus Adolphus University sports, Minnesota Magicians minor league hockey, X-Games Minneapolis, high school football, and multiple other tournaments and events. An avid skier, surfer, backpacker, cyclist, and triathlete himself, he enjoys treating the athletic population.
He also trained extensively in shoulder reconstruction, including anatomic and reverse total shoulder arthroplasty. He has written multiple book chapters on upper extremity conditions.
Practices atTorrey Pines Orthopaedic Medical Group
- › English
- › Stony Brook School of Medicine, New York, MD - 2011
9850 Genesee Avenue
La Jolla, CA, 92037
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- Beech Street (Workers' Comp)
- CorVel (Workers' Comp)
- Coventry / First Health
- Coventry / First Health (Workers' Comp)
- Focus Healthcare
- Fortified Provider Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great-West Healthcare
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Interplan / HealthSmart
- Interplan / HealthSmart (Workers' Comp)
- MultiPlan (Workers' Comp)
- Pacific Foundation SISC (Workers' Comp)
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Prime Health Services (Workers' Comp)
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- St. Paul's Eldercare
- Three Rivers
- Three Rivers (Workers' Comp)
- USA MCO
- USA MCO (Workers' Comp)
Contact Christopher E. Urband, MD for more assistance at (858) 375-1427.