Alexander R. Shikhman MD, PhD, FACR received his medical degree from the Russian State Medical University, a preeminent Russian medical center. He later received his Ph.D. in Immunology from the Moscow Medical Academy. He has served his Internal Medicine Residency at the Oklahoma University College of Medicine and completed his fellowship at Scripps Clinic, Rheumatology.
Dr. Shikhman specializes in Rheumatology and the treatment of various connective tissue diseases at the Institute for Specialized Medicine. Traditional and alternative technologies such as micro nutrient therapy, ultrasound-guided joint injections, acupuncture, and high-tech physical therapy are used to treat both the disease and the person. He offers a supportive environment in which to sustain personalized wellness plans.
Dr. Alexander R. Shikhman has over 30 years of medical experience, and he is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He also speaks both English and Russian.
Practices atInstitute for Specialized Medicine
- › English
- › Russian
- › American Board of Internal Medicine
- › Scripps Clinic, Rheumatology Fellowship - 1999
- › Oklahoma University College of Medicine, Internal Medicine - 1997
- › Oklahoma University College of Medicine, Immunology research Fellowship - 1994
- › Russian State Medical University, MD - 1982
Memberships & Associations
- › American College of Rheumatology
- › American College of Physicians
4125 Sorrento Valley Blvd.
San Diego, CA, 92121
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Arizona Foundation
- Beech Street
- Coventry / First Health
- Fortified Provider Network
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great-West Healthcare
- Health Management Network, Inc.
- Humana ChoiceCare
- Interplan / HealthSmart
- Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
- Pacific Health Alliance
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Scripps Employee Medical Plan
- St. Paul's Eldercare
- Three Rivers
- USA MCO
Contact Alexander R. Shikhman, MD for more assistance at (858) 375-1048.