Old Town San Diego: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo
Old Town San Diego gives locals a reason to look forward to Cinco de Mayo every year! Fiesta Old Town Cinco de Mayo is an annual, weekend-long celebration filled with food, drinks, live entertainment, and activities for the whole family. We have your weekend guide and tips to help you celebrate Cinco de Mayo at the hottest spot north of the border.
Friday, May 3: 4 PM to 9 PM, Cinco de Mayo Specials
Saturday, May 4: 10 AM to 10 PM, Cinco de Mayo Festival
Sunday, May 5: 10 AM to 8 PM, Cinco de Mayo Festival
4002 Wallace Street, San Diego, 92110
There’s no better way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo than by chowing down on authentic food! Friday through Sunday, restaurants throughout Old Town will be having food and drink specials.
- Café Coyote
- Casa Guadalajara
- Old Town Mexican Cafe
- Fred’s Mexican Cafe
- Rockin’ Baja Lobster
- Miguel’s Cocina
- Tequila Factory
Scripps AMG Tips:
Practicing good eating habits while you’re eating out is important for maintaining lifelong health.
- Hydrate between bites.
- Eat slowly. This improves your digestive system by giving your stomach adequate time to properly digest food.
- Enjoy a salad! This leaves you feeling satisfied sooner, preventing you from overeating.
- Ask for sauces on the side; this way you can use less and cut your calorie intake
- Share your meal or request to split your plate and take the other half home.
Saturday & Sunday Festivities
Take a stroll through Lowrider Lane and view the huge display of car favorites. There will be a wide variety of different car models, modifications, and unique paint jobs!
Promote creative thinking and learning while celebrating Cinco de Mayo! Your little ones will enjoy these free activities including:
- Face painting
- Arts and crafts
- Petting zoo
- Pony and stagecoach rides
Lace up your dancing shoes and get ready to groove to non-stop music and live entertainment at the Café Coyote Stage!
- Rojas Charros
- Los Pinguos
- And so much more. Check out the complete list at the official Cinco de Mayo Fiesta website.
So much more!
- Old Town has endless specialty shops where you can get custom jewelry and other treasures.
- Learn something new at the countless historic sites.
- Shop at the weekly Artisan Market that offers handmade jewelry, clothing, pottery and artwork.
Tips Before You Head Out
- Parking available at the CalTrans Offices located on Taylor and Juan Street.
- If you want to avoid traffic, consider taking the trolley. Check out the Metropolitan Transit System schedule for times and availability.
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking and dancing.
- Check the weather and be prepared with layers and sunscreen.
- Pack a backpack with water, wipes, and an emergency kit for your little ones.
Whether you are looking to grub on authentic food or dance away to non-stop music, Fiesta Old Town Cinco de Mayo will fulfill your every wish! The best part is that the proceeds of the event go to the Historic Old Town Community Foundation.
To find local health events, check out Scripps Affiliated Medical Groups’ event calendar. Scripps Affiliated Medical Groups also offers articles for San Diegans to enjoy activities across the county while maintaining a fruitful lifestyle!